Monday, December 24, 2012

merry christmas!

Christmas Eve!
Can you believe it? I'm not sure that I can.
Do the years always fly faster as one gets older?
I think it's dawning on me that perhaps I'm just a lot slower!
I still feel as though there is so much to do, so much to catch up on, so many ideas to put into place, and well, I guess that they will just have to wait.
Good things take time, or so they say.

I hope you all have a lovely lovely Christmas break.
Good times, good friends & the good things in life.
I was going to say simple pleasures, but I'm sounding like Annabel Langbein!
Thanks so much to all of you who still read my meanderings.
And for all your support and encouragement.
I still love this little blog caper, even if I haven't devoted as much time to it this year as I would like.
And I dearly miss some of my favourite blog friends, who for various reasons are taking time out from the blog world. I miss that window into their world, and though I love instagram, for me, it doesn't provide the connections that a blog does. Addictive though it is!


Oh, and for a little light holiday reading, (it could double as fuel for the barbeque or campfire), my home is featured in the latest NZ House & Garden magazine.
I promise you, it only looked this tidy and spartan-like on the day of the photoshoot.
The rest of the time, total bomb site, with pretty flowers.
(My cure-all for everything!)
Considering that my brother's beach house is on the cover of HOME magazine this month, already I am not looking forward to the ribbing that we will get at the beach over summer.
Thank goodness one could never get a big head amongst our beach friends & family.

Happy Holidays!
Amanda xx
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Amanda! Oh my goodness, I am now desperate to get myself a copy of that mag! I'm off to the newsagents today. Exciting!!
    ps I agree, things seem so quite in blogland - I hope it perks up again soon.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you. I always enjoy popping in to see what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    Well, first of all, your house looks amazing ..... it was worth all of the hard work.
    Wishing you and your family and friends a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy every minute....... your children must be getting SO excited.....ours are in their early 30's and they still get excited let alone our grandson !!!! Much love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I must let my
    bestie from Auckland know
    that a blog friend's home is
    on the cover, as she has sent
    me that magazine in the past.
    Congrats!

    Wishing you a very Merry
    Christmas and many blessings
    for 2013!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you! What fun to be in a magazine--enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to have your home featured! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and great start to the New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping I can lay my hands on those mags. How exciting.
    Have a great Christmas and beach holiday, Amanda. Look forward to the photos!
    Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting - I will be picking up a copy and having a wee peek at your place :) Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the sunshine! Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry, merry Christmas, dear Amanda. The glimpse of your house you show here is a study in chic and richly colourful perfection, and I wish NZ House & Garden was for sale here so I could see the whole piece.

    Have a lovely rest, let time slow around you, and see you next year!

    xxx
    Mise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas and thanks for the blog, love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Amanda! That is so exciting, having your home in the mag. I will have to see that issue.

    Hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rightly squirming Amanda, as I think I may just fall into that category of bloggers who are skiving off at the moment! Anyhoo, I know our bloggie friendship will weather my temporary inattentiveness! Your house looks fab - I always download my copy of NZ H&G via Zinio, maybe Mise can do the same & have a drool too. Have a relaxing time at the beach bach.
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well hello Gorgeous You're right about Blogland being quiet lately. IG is such an enticing wench! I pore over your every word and photo, whenever you post. Your devoted fan Jane x PS Must get my mitts on that mag! Bravo, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi amnda,

    all the best in new year :-)

    I would like to invite you to participate on my photo project. I have launched Golden Hour 52 Weeks Project and would love to have other bloggers/ photographers to join for fun.

    If you are interested, please visit this link: http://sonishka.blogspot.com/2013/01/golden-hour-52-weeks-project.html

    If you feel like joining from time to time that would be awesome! :-)

    Thanks

    Sonishka

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...