Monday, November 5, 2012

the writing is on the wall

 Have I told you before how much I love my blackboard calendar?
No, I mean REALLY love my blackboard calendar.
Quite honestly, without it, I am sure that life would be a chaotic haze of forgotten-ness!
(I know that's not a word, but it works!)
Maybe it's age, or maybe just general family busy-ness, but some days I would truly forget my head if it weren't screwed on.
Let alone the PE bag, piano lesson, & dog's haircut.
Not to mention that I have two girls who are extremes when it comes to timeliness.
One frets if she is a second late and remotely disorganised - hence the calender works for the obsessive compulsive side of her personality.
The other is almost always running late & only seems to know when it is the weekend. Hence the calendar works for her cheerful fly by the seat of her pants nature too!
Then there is the husband who is away a lot, so it works for him too.
Not for me a small calendar on the wall, or diary. I end up with things written in one diary that are not in the other for some reason.
No, I know that all family goings-on need to be written on the wall.
Then each time I glance at it I know what is happening.
Getting breakfast, check the daily happenings.
Preparing dinner, know what is needed for the day ahead.
Use the last of something in the pantry.
Write it on the wall.
 

Yes, it's large as you can see.
I like to state the obvious!!
Each month I stand on a ladder to refresh it.
There is just one obvious liability - if I don't remember an event to go on the calendar in the first place.
Still working on that one.

Must fly. According to today's events, it is Guy Fawkes - and that means that I have a large gathering descending on our place after work tonight for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks.
(That would be the fireworks in the sky, not Brunnel & I squabbling!)

Amanda xx
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I think that calendar is amazing, boy oh boy could I have used that a few years ago, maybe even now but I don't have a wall big enough or free of my paintings!!! I love it though, I truly do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous, but I'd have the same problem as you, remembering what to write on it! I just adore your home Amanda, everything is so stylish, but homey as well. I bet it's the perfect spot for fireworks watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit to
    having blackboard
    wall envy, here!!!
    It wouldn't work in
    this house, but it
    is a MUST for the
    next one. Love how
    the calendar squares
    are painted in different
    shades of chalk paint.....

    Happy Guy Fawkes and
    have a lovely week, Amanda!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was Guy Fawkes Day in NZ exactly 35 years ago when Mr W and I got married! It was a Saturday then and we had fireworks..the real deal..at our reception held in my parent's Auckland back yard. I was nineteen and he was twenty one..who'd a thought we'd ever get this far! Your blackboard calendar is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I love your calendar....please tell me how to do it...I want to do it in my mud room...I have a wall just waiting to be used that way.....how did you block it off to be so perfect and how do you get the shades? happy dance my friend. oxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blackboard is wonderful, Amanda. Is my birthday, December 29th, on it? Or perhaps it is too soon for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your calendar! One very similar has been on my ever-so-long to do list. (If only I could make a calendar to remind me to make my calendar...it would be done?)
    LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have some big blackboards in our house but not one that big! That looks amazing and very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that calendar! What a great idea. It looks fab, too! Enjoy the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your calendar too
    I want one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...