Thursday, November 1, 2012

quick fix ~ washi tape love

 Is washi tape addictive?
I'm beginning to think so.
Put a little roll in my hands, and I'm sticking it up...and on...and over. 
Whatever happens to be in my line of vision is in danger of a little paper embellishment.
That may or may not include husbands, children and dogs.
Instore I've restricted myself to the window.
After all, it would be good to have some tape left to actually sell, rather than me getting decoratively carried away and using it all. (Retail 101!)
So, just a few little ideas - the old school chair looks fantastic, and would be fabulous in a child's room or around a table.
Our favourite stem bottles look cute wrapped in washi, and this would be a great idea for a party or table decoration.
And of course, the obvious - moodboards, kid's artwork, photos, magazine tearouts, frames - all benefit from a little paper tape.
And all in less than the time it takes to say 'washi'.
And I have to say a big thank you to Carolyn, who, knowing my love of flowers, drove an hour over the hill from the Wairarapa to collect her peg dolls, with a beautiful bunch of goodies from her garden, including wild sweet peas, queen anne's lace, and the amazing gone-to-seed parsnip flowers that you see here.
Suddenly my window display came together beautifully because of it!

Amanda xx
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. LOVE how you've used
    your W tape, Amanda!
    I have several rolls {they
    are addictive to buy} but
    haven't been this creative
    with them. Gorgeous flowers,
    as well!!

    Happy Thursday,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washi tape and beautiful flowers, two of my favourites too. I especially love the chair, so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word those little hanging bottles are the bomb! Gorgeous. I love washi - so much fun and prettiness in one little roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a lot of fun today..love the jars and bottles. It's a quick way to dress up anything isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love washi tape too. I like the way you are using it--thinking creatively! I've only used it on packages and collages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love Washi tape, I for the longest time actually thought it was called Wasabi tape! A little daft! Love the fresh flowers, I love the spring time when all the flowers grow wild!

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...