Monday, October 29, 2012

ages & stages

Some flowers are so beautiful, even when past their prime don't you think?
How apparent this was today when I was changing the flowers at the store.
If anything, the colour of this anemone was even more intense & more beautiful than it was last week when it was fresh & flush with possibility.
I whipped it from the vase, but then couldn't quite bring myself to throw it away - not just yet anyway.
Instead I brought it home, chopped the stem right down, & set it beside my bed, in a tiny old vessel.

It will probably only last another day or so, but at least I can enjoy it for just a little longer...

Amanda xx
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Stunning. Black always makes red look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rare for flowers to have black stamens I think..it makes the red so intense. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, my peonies have dropped all their petals, but the saffron yellow stamens which remain have their own beauty to last another day or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a dilemna when changing flowers, there are some that are just stayers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always squeeze every last bit out of my blooms, despite the mess they make. I feel like I owe it to them :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. I love flowers best when they are close to the end of their life.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...