Tuesday, September 11, 2012

small things


'a multitude of small delights
constitutes happiness'
c baudelaire

Just some of the 'small things' that have been inhabiting my world of late.
Things that are making me smile amidst a flurry of days that, to be honest, have been a little crazy to say the least.
Is it just me, or does the slippery slope as we head towards Christmas seem like a headlong rush?
My 'to-do' list grows longer and longer by the day, and I seem to add three things for every one that gets crossed off.
So in a small way, it's good for me to do a little post like this.
It reminds me to be grateful for moments such as these.
Hope your week is going beautifully!
Must fly - I have my lovely family coming to visit. For some reason they want to celebrate my birthday, even though it's one of those that I'd rather forget about!

Amanda xx
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Birthday celebration....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gratitude really helps us to enjoy the journey more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little glimpses into your life and the things you surround yourself with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh enjoy your family & small things are most often the best!! Gorgeous post, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little vignettes Amanda. Ranuncs are one of my favourite blooms, I can't wait for them to bloom in the garden. How pretty is the dance plaque thingy - especially with Eva's name mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pictures as ever Amanda! I agree - my new thing is to try to stop and notice the small details every now and then. I have slowed the pace of life as it's a real novelty after a similarly busy few months. Beautiful flowers...love the pink. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I love the Dance Programme, so old fashioned romance. Happy 39th..... again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Amanda, enjoy been spoilt by those who love you, gorgeous post as always, Pegdolls in fullswing here, will be in post hopefully by end of the week, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, I enjoyed all
    of your sweet moments
    here, and love to see
    them on IG, as well!

    May this birthday year
    be one of your best, ever!
    Happy to celebrate YOU.

    Enjoy your family visit
    and your birthday, my friend!

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Amanda - I hope you had a wonderful time with your family. Love your images of your small things - a pleasant reminder that there's much joy to find the in small moments and things of day to day life. Oh, and please don't mention the C word - I'm still reeling from the multitude of Halloween things that have been in the shops here since mid-August! Mind you I suppose that means that Christmas things won't appear until 1 November - a blessing in disguise perhaps...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...