Thursday, September 30, 2010

paint effects






























I love the simplicity of this holiday home owned by designer Paola Navone on the Greek Island of Serifos. It looks so idyllic. And I love that amongst some high end design are these little upcycled details, like the upturned painted rubbish bins as legs for a rustic table in the entrance hall.
But my favourite favourite thing has to be this painted rug on the concrete floor. Genius inspired. 
Now I wonder what I could manage on the floor at the beach this weekend?!! Shall I pack a little brush and give it a go? I could always hide it away under a real rug if disaster strikes!

Amanda xx
(image Elle Deco)
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That's so clever, and perfectly balances the room. Neither art nor décor, but better than both!

    (And thanks for your email; I'm looking forward!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a good idea....and you can mop it :-)

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could help you paint the rug if you let me... I'll be down your way VERY soon!! What a gorgeous place. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful space! Have a glorious weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, adds detail in the summer and if in winter, you need the cosiness of an actual rug, just pop it on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes i loved this place too!! there was a really huge rug they painted on an outdoor terrace that just looked amazing - views and all. love the urns as table legs too!

    hope you're having a great weekend darl! jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tranquil! Just what I need right now :). Have a great week Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. I love receiving your comments! Thanks for visiting. Kind wishes, Amanda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...